Wednesday, April 06, 2005

I'm now on the Island of Ometepe, on Lake Nicaragua. After my first evening on the island (Monday), which I spent with the British girls, an Australian and some French Canadians, I separated from them all and made my way to the Finca Magdelena. This is where I originally decided to extend my travels and spend an extra couple of months in Central America, and I'm very happy to be back.

Here on Ometepe there is just an incredible sense of peace and tranquility. All I want right now is to relax here on the Finca, write, read and meditate. I'm very tired of constant motion and rootlessness, and so I embrace this chance to stagnate, to sit here on this island and await my date to fly out of San Jose. I'm hoping to stay here for over a week, and then head South to Costa Rica, pick up my things from the El INVU school, and fly out from San Jose on the 25th.

I won't be updating much this coming week, as the internet here is extremely expensive. But I doubt there will be much to say. I'm just relaxing, focusing inward and thinking about this moment - as well as upon the future. I'm happy.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home