Tuesday, March 22, 2005

Yesterday I went to the bank, and that occupied most of the productive part of the day. I spent three and a half hours waiting in a line that stretched outside of the bank, just to reach the counter and quickly change some dollars for local currency, as there is no ATM here in Gracias. Ridiculous. The worst part was when I was still trapped outside and the sun came over the roof. There was no longer any shade, and we passed an hour in the direct sun, leaving me a little bit burned today. There was plenty of space inside, as two of the four windows weren't open, but we weren't allowed inside and out of the sun. You can't really argue with men wielding shotguns.

Anyway, it looks as though tommorrow we're going to hike in the nature reserve that is near Gracias. It will cost us a bit to get a lift up there and a tiny bit more to get into the park, but I'm really looking forward to hiking up to a waterfall they have there and just enjoying the nature. This is a such a beautiful part of the world, and I'm going to be happy just to be out "in it."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home