Monday, March 07, 2005

I remain in Léon more than a week after having first arrived, but I now have a solid exit date: Wednesday. I talked with Eduardo, my friend from Mexico, and he is headed in the same direction as I, so I'm going to cross into Honduras on Wednesday and we'll head first to the capital, Tegucigalpa. I'm still pretty sick, but I hope that I'll be feeling a bit better by the time Wednesday morning rolls around; I need to get moving, anyway. On a timeframe of two months, staying in León for so long is kindof crazy.

But I've learned a whole lot here. I learned an additional style of bracelet today, and I'm starting to figure out how to modify designs independently. I'm forced to use inferior materials that significantly reduce the quality of my work; but once I get back to Costa Rica, I'll run right to San José and pick up a lot of colorful, high quality weaving thread.

Beyond my artisan training and my impending departure, there is nothing new to report. I'll keep you informed as events develop.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home