Thursday, March 03, 2005

I'm really taking a liking to León. I finally figured out where the grocery store is, so my food is cheaper now that I am doing my own cooking at the hostel, and I'm getting to know people both in my hostel and in the wider community of León, as well. My favorite people at this point are Eduardo, a Mexican man, and a guy I just met, Douglas, who is from Nicaragua and lives here in León. I've been hanging out with Eduardo for a few days now, and I just met Douglas last night.

Honestly, I'd really like to spend a lot of time here in León. Apart from the heat, this city is an incredibly great place to be, and reminds me of Xalapa in many respects. And there's definitely a demand for English teachers, so if I wanted to come back at some point in the future, I have no doubt that I could.

My idea right now is that I'll probably leave for Estelí on Saturday morning. As much as I love this town, I really have to get moving, because I have so much to see and do in these next two months. I can't let myself get bogged down in once place, unfortunately. My guess is that I'll be in Honduras by this time next week, although it's crazy to try and predict these things. I've seen already how quickly my plans can change.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Micah,

let's just switch and get our minus 21° celsius!!
Enjoy your time and keep us updated, it's good to hear how you're doing.
Greetings from Germany,
Nici

3:49 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

So,
I called you up tonight, because the phone
was busy all last night...
well...you know how that turned out, i guess,
because we didnt talk.
...
eventually i just had to say, "i'm sorry, thank you"
and hang up, filled with shame.

I'll try to find out from mom when i should try again.

9:11 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home