Wednesday, February 23, 2005

Today witnessed a very sad event: My friends, Sacha and Gabriella left Granada on their way South towards Costa Rica. I'm now all alone, which is quite a different feeling, I must say. I've spent today just writing. I went out to the market and bought a couple additional notebooks, and I now have three. I devoted the two new ones to English and Spanish, the third one now being solely for French. This afternoon I wrote a great deal in English and Spanish, as well as some in French.

I ran into a traveller that I met in Monteverde today, on the street here in Granada. I met him at the beginning of my adventures and had spoken to him about "following the signs" during a trip, that is to say, going on "feel" as to where to go and what to do. Today he told me that there was a festival tommorrow in Masaya, a nearby city, and that I should go. "You've gotta keep following the signs," he reminded me. I had almost forgotten about that conversation, so for him to bring it up now definitely seemed like a "sign" to me.

So, I suppose the plan for tommorrow is to catch a bus to Masaya and check out that town for a day or two. Granada has failed to impress me greatly, so I'm pretty ready to move on.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home