Monday, February 21, 2005

Ok, this report will be short, as the internet here costs more per hour than my hotel room.

I spent the last couple days on another side of the island, one day hiking up to a big waterfall and the other pretty much taking it easy. I've had a lot of hammock time. This time on this island has given me a good amount of time to figure out what it is that I want to do with this time I have down here. I've decided to go through Nicaragua, Honduras and El Salvador. If I have any extra time, I'll go down briefly to Panama to see the Canal. I'm rescheduling my plane ticket for mid-April, so I've got a little bit of time to play with.

Today I'm in Altagracia, one of the two "big" towns on the island. From here, I'll go tommorrow with a couple from Quebec to Granada, the old conservative center of Nicaragua. It's a five hour ferry ride, which I hear is a bit rough and uncomfortable. I'll give you updates on the other side of that ride.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home