Tuesday, February 15, 2005

Today was delightful. I went out with my two traveller friends, on foot, to the beach. They swam and I sat in the shade and read and wrote in my journal for hours. After that, we went out to eat at a nearby restaurant. I treated myself, big time, and ordered two main dishes. I ended up spending over five bucks for my meal, which, if you haven't been to Nicaragua, is quite pricy. But that was fine; I felt rich today.

The wierd thing about this place is that you feel like you're on the ocean, but it's actually just a huge lake. So, you get wierd scenes, like sitting on the beach and having cows come by and drink out of what looks like the sea. I took pictures, and they're kinda trippy, because you don't normally see animals drinking out of the "sea." And the volcano; I got some great shots of the volcano. It was puffing out little clouds of smoke all day and just generally looking regal.

At at least one point during the day, I just looked at my companions and exclaimed: "We're on a volcanic island in the middle of an enormous lake in Nicaragua!" They just nodded and smiled.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home