Tuesday, May 03, 2005

These past few days have been fairly uneventful. I attended Quaker Meeting, taught a conversation class and prepared for the job hunt this week. However, I decided this morning that I won't be looking for work in Mexico City. In fact, I have decided that I won't be staying.

We might say that "it was decided," rather than "I decided." Frank threw me out of the apartment today. I suppose I should have begun looking for my own living situation immediately upon arrival. However, Frank had assured me that I would be welcome with him for the time being. I guess he changed his mind.

Anyway, I had no contingency plan for being thrown out on the street, but I'm rapidly coming up with one. I've just gotten done packing and I intend to make my way to Xalapa. I'm certain I can find work there, and I have friends there. Beyond that, Xalapa is a beautiful town; it would be a joy to live there.

I'm hoping that it isn't too hard to find long-term accomodations there in Xalapa, but we'll see what happens. I am, once again, forced to be flexible and creative. Maybe this is the best thing that could have happened.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home