Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Andy (the American I'm travelling with) and I are staying in Monteverde another day, because we didn't realize that there was only one bus that would get us to La Fortuna today, and that it left at 7.00 AM. So, Andy is spending the day going on a hike; I opted not to go because the trail that he's taking, while it sounds wonderful, costs $12 for entrance, and I'm not up to spending that much. I'm trying to make my way through Costa Rica on $15 per day, which pretty much means I won't be seeing any "sights."

I'm planning on spending the day meditating, writing, and drinking coffee. I have realized that my way of life has become truly lax during these past two months, and that I've put on some weight. I attribute this to my regular drinking and excessive eating that has come with two months of largely sedentary vacationing. So, I've got to do some readjusting now. I'm beginning a new discipline: I'll be drinking coffee, not alcohol (which I actually prefer!); I'll be avoiding all caloric beverages; I'll be more closely monitoring how much I eat; and I'll consciously try to get more excercize.

I feel a little bit ashamed, because this is the first time that I've gained weight in a number of years, and I'm determined not to let myself become a slouch again. I think the biggest part of the solution to this problem is simply getting back to Mexico and getting to work. I mean, I don't know how two months of relaxed vacation could have failed to result badly in terms of my general form. But I'm getting back in the swing already; I recover soon enough.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home