Monday, May 09, 2005

Today I headed out to the University of Xalapa, a private school, and dropped by their language department to ask about jobs. They seemed quite willing to give me one, but not until the end of August, and, even then, only 8 hours (two days a week, four hours in the afternoon). I smiled, collected contact info and thanked the director of languages for her time. Tommorrow I'll go to another University, as well as observe a class at Kiosk, the private language institute where I interviewed previously. On Wednesday I'll present a sample lesson for them. We'll see what they say.

More and more I'm thinking about the very real possibility of having to return home to Wichita. If I fail here, I feel that the only real option is to return home, get a McJob for a while and save up money. Above all, I want to be outside of the United States right now, but it seems that the "economy" may make that a dream for the moment.

Grr... I'm feeling pessimistic.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home