Wednesday, May 11, 2005

Yesterday I went out to University Anahuac and interviewed briefly for a position there. I'm to return on Tuesday and present a "difficult" sample lesson. This university has so many disadvantages, but it's a very well respected school around here...

It's far away (probably an hour commute each way from where I live); they have given me no details on employment - just that there "might be something"; they expect me to arrange my work visa on my own, pay it all myself and don't even seem to know what the process is. "You have to deal with that" is the attitude. I don't know how much it might pay, how many hours they might give me or what benefits might be involved. We'll see. I'm not getting my hopes up.

Today I present my "demo lesson" at Kiosk. It will have to be an exceptional one for them to take me, as they already have five new teachers. Planning the lesson last night and revising it this morning, I know that I'm a good teacher, and that I have been well trained by the folks at SIT... Now it's just a question of whether I can get hired, regardless of qualifications. Everything moves so slowly down here... which is fine when you have work.. But waiting a month to get word of whether you'll even have a job is a nightmare when you're on a budget!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home