Tuesday, May 24, 2005

I'm back home.

I travelled for a total of 36 hours from Xalapa to the border at El Paso, crossed, and then travelled with Bill for a couple of days through New Mexico. New Mexico was nice, I suppose, but not entirely my style. Once we hit the very Eastern edge of New Mexico, I began to feel at home again, and that feeling increased as we passed through the panhandle of Oklahoma and into Western Kansas. I was in my country.

I arrived home yesterday morning, and since then have been just working on settling back in and trying to begin my job hunt, which is, after all, the reason I'm back here, ultimately. I'm very happy to be home and I'm looking forward to spending some quality (and quantity) time here before venturing out into the wider world again.

It occurs to me that this blog was begun as a project to keep my family at home informed of my happenings and adventures. Now that I am once again my loved ones, this online project seems to be obsolete. I'll leave it online of course; the blog is as good (or not) to read as it ever was. However, I do not forsee more entries in the new future - if you want answers, come and get them from me in person.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home